Friday, November 16, 2007

Long Dong Silver Guinness

The first drawing


"I love Berlin" - Pencil on paper - A4 size 21 x 29.7 cm
(click to enlarge)

When I was a little 'younger, at the end of the medium (I speak already about fifteen years ago) I spent hours and hours to draw. I remember at school the teacher told me that students design with my dowry he had met a few. Certainly exaggerated, but his admiration, however, allowed me to enjoy special treatment. For example I could hand over the drawings that gave us the task much later than other classmates.
After junior came time to decide what to do. Subscribe to art school or a design institute to cultivate this "talent" and move toward a career where they really have the best success, or choose a path already traveled by many others, more defined, and that would take me to a safe job? Since I did not think (and I do not think) to have enough artistic talent to succeed and live this profession, I chose the latter.
I abandoned the plan during the years of high school and college. Now that I started working, I think it's time to devote to a new passion that has never been dormant with time. I then decided to open "Arteggiando" (the title is tentative, you accept tips), a section of the blog "Here in Paris!" dedicated to my scribbles. Maybe someone is planning to buy ... well yes, of course! Sure! Beginning with the

pencil portrait of the bear's house (a gift from Rym for shipment to Berlin for the Illegal Tour 2007 ). As you can see from the picture below seems to me that looks a lot like the original ... what do you think?

1. Orignal 2. Detail 3. Special
(click to enlarge)

0 comments:

Post a Comment